- I need to blog more
- You can’t see a falling star unless you’re looking at the sky. I used to see one every night – when did I stop looking?
- I can still squeal like an 8-year-old girl. I came across this creature at work. My first reaction was squeal and shut door. My second? Get someone to come with me so I could photograph it. Over 6 inches w/tail flat!
- It’s okay to accept help when it’s on behalf of someone you love. This one was a tough one for me. But I’ve realized due to simple math, that there’s no way in heck I can save up the money myself to send Nic to the UK. I’d sell an organ to get him there if I could! But I’ve taken a softer, gentler route and tried saying “Yes, thank you” when friends have offered to help. A first for me.
- When it rains, it pours. After having my tooth pulled, another one broke. And when it rains, friends come out with umbrellas
- Sometimes when a dog ‘scoots’, they do not have worms, but it doesn’t hurt to give them a chewable deworming tablet anyway
- I have had a musical influence on my son. As I hear Dave Matthews pouring out of his room as I type. I have also made an impression on my son – as last night he and I spoke a while about deep things. Apparently he gives my mothering a thumbs up. I could have cried. (And offered him an organ.)
- Punctuation goes inside parenthesis, which makes my OCD want to go back over every single post and fix it!
- I have an amazing life. Beautiful friends and am so so SO proud to be my sons mom.
Had to break a twenty on the way home from cleaning so I could pay Nic for helping me. Stopped by the Family Dollar to grab some scented laundry sprinkles.
Not much out of the cashier, she seemed to be the only one in the store. Which was nice. No one asking me up and down aisles, “Are you finding everything alright?”
I place my item on the counter and she silently rings it up.
I place the twenty on the counter. No eye contact yet.
“$14.66 is your change … be safe.”
What the F%$#?
LOL! She looked so serious saying it too. I grabbed my little bag “Thank you” and headed for the door.
Back in the car:
Me: Had the weirdest moment
Me: The lady is checking me out, well, not checkin’ me out, but you know …
Nic: Wait, was she hot? Lesbian? Just saying, could be cool
Me: No. Anyway … she says, get this, “Be safe”
Me: I mean, that’s something that wouldn’t be weird to hear on New Years Eve … but …
Me: I mean, what does she know that I don’t? What if she’s psychic? “Be Safe ..” Did she think I was going to blow my change on booze and drugs? “Be Safe ..” That’s creepy
Nic: You think weird
Me: Yeah, I know. You do too.
Nic: (Small laugh)
Me: Next time I tell it – she’s got tears in her eyes … her hand is shaking as she’s giving me the change – she nervously looks at me and hoarsely whispers “Be safe.”