Things I learned this week
- I need to blog more
- You can’t see a falling star unless you’re looking at the sky. I used to see one every night – when did I stop looking?
- I can still squeal like an 8-year-old girl. I came across this creature at work. My first reaction was squeal and shut door. My second? Get someone to come with me so I could photograph it. Over 6 inches w/tail flat!
- It’s okay to accept help when it’s on behalf of someone you love. This one was a tough one for me. But I’ve realized due to simple math, that there’s no way in heck I can save up the money myself to send Nic to the UK. I’d sell an organ to get him there if I could! But I’ve taken a softer, gentler route and tried saying “Yes, thank you” when friends have offered to help. A first for me.
- When it rains, it pours. After having my tooth pulled, another one broke. And when it rains, friends come out with umbrellas
- Sometimes when a dog ‘scoots’, they do not have worms, but it doesn’t hurt to give them a chewable deworming tablet anyway
- I have had a musical influence on my son. As I hear Dave Matthews pouring out of his room as I type. I have also made an impression on my son – as last night he and I spoke a while about deep things. Apparently he gives my mothering a thumbs up. I could have cried. (And offered him an organ.)
- Punctuation goes inside parenthesis, which makes my OCD want to go back over every single post and fix it!
- I have an amazing life. Beautiful friends and am so so SO proud to be my sons mom.