Things I learned this week
- I need to blog more
- You can’t see a falling star unless you’re looking at the sky. I used to see one every night – when did I stop looking?
- I can still squeal like an 8-year-old girl. I came across this creature at work. My first reaction was squeal and shut door. My second? Get someone to come with me so I could photograph it. Over 6 inches w/tail flat!
- It’s okay to accept help when it’s on behalf of someone you love. This one was a tough one for me. But I’ve realized due to simple math, that there’s no way in heck I can save up the money myself to send Nic to the UK. I’d sell an organ to get him there if I could! But I’ve taken a softer, gentler route and tried saying “Yes, thank you” when friends have offered to help. A first for me.
- When it rains, it pours. After having my tooth pulled, another one broke. And when it rains, friends come out with umbrellas
- Sometimes when a dog ‘scoots’, they do not have worms, but it doesn’t hurt to give them a chewable deworming tablet anyway
- I have had a musical influence on my son. As I hear Dave Matthews pouring out of his room as I type. I have also made an impression on my son – as last night he and I spoke a while about deep things. Apparently he gives my mothering a thumbs up. I could have cried. (And offered him an organ.)
- Punctuation goes inside parenthesis, which makes my OCD want to go back over every single post and fix it!
- I have an amazing life. Beautiful friends and am so so SO proud to be my sons mom.
Posted on March 22, 2013, in Gratitude, Motherhood and tagged accepting help, blogging, falling stars, friends, music, parenting, scorpions, teeth, worms. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.
You should also overcome your fear of flying and visit Maine. The snow is leaving soon, so it’s a great time to come see it… 🙂
Scorpions don’t like snow …. Hmmmm ….
You see? Another argument in Maine’s favor… 🙂
I hear the men in Maine are very handsome and charming… 😉
I really like this post! What a brilliant idea…”What I larned this week.” I’m seriously gonna start to do that, I’m greatful for many things…but a ‘learned’ list! Reminds me that its never too late. Thanks for the idea.
Lol, you’re welcome. Was also a lazy way of summing up a weeks worth of posts I should have written 😉
Reblogged this on MetaRead360 Small Press presents and commented:
It’s always good to learn from one’s mistakes…sometimes we need mistakes to see where we need to grow!