Liebster Award – thanks Merbear!
Hey Merbear264 thank you for nominating me for the Liebster Award. 🙂 You can visit Merbear264 at her blog http://knockedoverbyafeather.wordpress.com/
This award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers that a blogger feels should get some recognition.
Rules are, first, I am to thank the person who nominated me. (Of COURSE I would do that anyway!) Thank you Thank you Thank you! 😉 Directions at the very end for my nominees.
11 things about myself:
1. I’m a ‘legal alien’ here in the U.S.
2. I love banana flavored things, but not real fond of bananas.
3. I love cherries, but despise cherry flavored things.
4. I don’t do ‘croutons’. To me, a crouton is nothing more than a piece of toast that was forgotten about, hardened, got cold and then someone grabbed it out of the toaster anyway and ate it! EWWWWWW!
5. I can wiggle my right ear. OK, you have to watch really carefully, but I can.
6. Fluent in the old Italian finger spelling manual alphabet. (Signing)
7. I must have a box of Good & Plenty’s next to my bed every night. I’ll wake up some mornings with little pink or white marks on me from rolling onto a candy coated shell.
8. I went skydiving for my 16th birthday – static line, not tandem. I refused to hit any of their altitude points either, I steered around in sheer delight! The sky was MINE!
9. My favorite flower is the daisy.
10. Most of my favorite songs end up on some ‘worst ever songs’ list. (lol! Hey – ‘We built this city’ rocked! and so did ‘Seasons in the Sun’)
11. I was almost sold in Afghanistan when I was 9 years old.
Questions from Merbear264 for me to answer:
1. Fact or fiction? UG! Both – Fictional books, Factual documentaries.
2. What is your favorite animal and why? The naked mole rat. Only mammal that lives in a colony like ants, or bees – with a caste system and a queen. Plus they’re adorable.
3. Do you think being rich would make you happy? NO!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO.
4. Are you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning, or grumpasauras rex? I’m cheery – but my tail doesn’t bush until mid morning.
5. What is your favorite dessert? Neapolitans! You know, those puff pastry delights with the squiggly chocolate design atop the white icing? No? Here …
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Other than having a creative outlet, getting to interact with people from all over the world.
7. Do you like reality TV shows? Yup – especially Top Chef & Face Off
8. If you could have lunch with one famous person, dead or alive, who would it be? Dalai Lama!
9. What is your favorite breakfast cereal? Tied between Raisin Bran Crunch and Kix
10. Do you believe that love is all we need? Yes I do.
11. Chocolate or vanilla? Possibly strawberry? Strawberry! In a cone please.
Blogs I nominate:
I honestly don’t follow many blogs that have less than 200 followers. SO! I nominate the following blogs that I love, if you don’t qualify, don’t participate I guess (and you can’t nominate me back):
The Return of the Modern Philosopher
Belly Button Blues
The Why About This
Here are YOUR questions:
1. It’s true! December is the end of the world, who are you hanging with that day?
2. Favorite movie (OK, just keep it to three top ones)
3. You have to look and peck at the keyboard or are you touch typing?
4. You’re caught in the rain, are you mad?
5. Rather be freezing or overheated?
6. Favorite teacher and why?
7. You didn’t get a pardon – what’s your last meal going to be?
8. Best pick up line in your arsenal?
9. Something you do that you swore you’d NEVER do when YOU were a grown up!
10. Time your alarm is set for?
11. Favorite sound?
There are 4 steps to receiving this award..
- List 11 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.